Alright… so it is now 40 days until I get to see Mr. Java again (and meet his parents for the first time!!!). Okay, technically not the first time…. we’ve talked on Skype before. But, when March 9th gets here, I will then be driving 616 miles to meet him in Shipshewana, Indiana; and then another 130 miles to reach his actual home town. Time needs to fly faster!
Some good news happened though. On Friday we found out that Mr. Java is in the 2nd round of candidates that go to the academy. That means that he’ll be moving to my town in 40 some days! Excited for a new phase of our relationship, which will be living in the same town. Nervous for everything else — balancing schedules, etc. I’m also not quite sure what the academy entails as far as field training for the first part, and then the actual academy for the last segment. But, we go one day at a time, and its definitely a learning process for me.
On a random side note, the other day we figured out how much time he and I had spent in person (other than science lab) before we started dating — 5 days. Hmmm…. skeptic much? Its funny though, because we were literally best friends before hand. Life is great when you fall in love with your best friend.
On another note, my sister turns 16 next weekend. And the following weekend is her 16th birthday party – masquerade style – which I will be going home for. She picked out my mask, I’m not worried at all. *wink*
No comments:
Post a Comment