Monday, February 11, 2013

Real Friends


I’m finding out more and more of my friends, who were never really my friends to begin with. They are fake, hypocrites, and childish. Its really disheartening to realize that people you once trusted, are no longer trustworthy. 
You don’t need a certain number of friends,
just a number of friends you can be certain of.
In the past few  months, I have met various people, new people, and crazy people. I had tons of fun, but one of the things I realized, was that their lives seemed so empty. After all the partying was done, they’d go home to an empty house, and not remember anything the next day.
I don’t like alcohol, so I don’t drink, but I had just as much fun as everyone else. There was one problem, it was empty. Nameless faces, lots of people, but no true friends. It took about 3 months for me to get the gumption to do it, but since then, I have almost effectively, and completely, weeded out the people in my life that weren’t real. The ones who only contact you when they need something, or you’re their back-up plan. I don’t want to be someone’s back-up plan. I have been hurt too many times to put up with it anymore.
I’m real. So be real with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment