Mr. Java came home from the academy on Friday evening, I didn't get off work til after 11 pm so it was a long wait to see him. He regaled myself and his best friend Mr. High and Tight, or Mr. HT (named for his accidental High and Tight haircut), with tons of stories from his first week. He survived with only a little bit of soreness since there was no PT the first two weeks of training, a bloody nose that was not broken, and a couple scrapes on his knuckles. He said the week was easy, I knew he'd do just fine.
Saturday we did some a crap ton of his laundry and mine, and then got to watch the second LOTR movie. (Saturday night we watched the third one, and Yes he has gotten me thoroughly addicted since we saw the Hobbit in 3D last week). Little does he know that when its my turn, we will be watching Harry Potter.
I got to cook the three of us Easter Dinner, complete with a made-from-scratch carrot cake.
Sunday we got to go to an Easter Service at a church in town, since we're still church hopping we picked one at random. It had the mega-church feel which I'm not fond of, and the pastor gave a second sermon within his benediction and prayer which I definitely do not like. We also were only greeted by one person, no one else said hello or even asked who we were. On to a new church the next time I don't teach SS at my current church.
Sunday evening I had to work, which wasn't exactly in my ideal plan, but it worked out. I had a group of 13 college students come in to the restaurant, and they were super friendly. When they left, one of the boys gave me a $35 tip, because he had "extra money" on his student account that he had to use by the end of the semester. He told me "I have extra, so why not use it on you?" What a blessing. That boy had no idea that I needed $30 to get the new dresses I have been eyeing for a week now. God's blessings come in unexpected places. I've been trying hard for the past few months to simply trust God. I know in my heart that He will provide, but sometimes in my head I won't let it go. It has been a constant give and take back kind of struggle, but slowly He has been showing me that He will come through.
He is faithful, and when you trust Him, His blessings pour out.


No comments:
Post a Comment