Friday, April 5, 2013

Isolation


Ever have one of those days when you just feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders? That's been me all week. Work has been alright, but I'm beginning to hate being in limbo with so much stuff, sometimes I feel so isolated it just makes my heart hurt. Mama Maxwell called me the other day and after chit-chatting for a few minutes about paperwork and forms, I broke down crying. I don't really know why either.


One thing that doesn't help very much is that I thought I'd be super busy with my 3 online classes. But the average time I spend on homework per week is 3 hours, including test taking. This semester is so anti-climactic with homework it is not even funny. I'm graduating in less than a month, but I've gotten bored with things. The work isn't hard, so there's no need to study, and I already know the information from previous classes on the same subjects. I cannot wait to be out in the real world, working and being profitable with my time, instead of wasting it on minute little details that don't matter.

In addition to being bored with school, I also don't have any classes with people. For some reason I feel so isolated sometimes. I have a few friends where I am right now, but this week was really hard. It is definitely true that you don't realize what you've had until its gone. I miss being able to text my best friend whenever the moment calls, or talking on the phone while I drive to work. All those things I took for granted before. I will be so thankful on Wednesday when Mr. Java begins field training. Not only have I not had my boyfriend this week, but he truly is my best friend. More and more the past few months I have realized how important friendship is before having a relationship that is more. Because we had an entire year of solid friendship as our foundation it has been so much easier to transition to more. He comes home tonight, and then has two more days of training before he begins field training. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment