Sunday, June 16, 2013

Life Happens

Its been almost two months since I've posted. I'm getting internet lazy, or rather, I'm just living life.

Mr. Java is almost done with field training. He goes back to the Academy next Sunday, so its back to no talking during the week. As far as the last 3 months goes... Its been hectic schedules, impromptu dates, and lots and lots of working opposite shifts.

I'll update.

I graduated from college with my first Bachelor's degree. Starting the second one here soon! 

Mr. Java made me dinner for my birthday -- Home made mexican tacos! 




The drive to the hiking point. It was such a beautiful day! 




On the rare day we both had off work, we went hiking to one of the tallest peaks in our area. 

At the halfway point. We climbed those rocks that were bigger than me! 
The view from up top!
Blue sky and light fluffy clouds. So pretty. 






On memorial day (and as part of my birthday present) we drove to Washington, D.C. to spend part of the day with the heroic men and women who gave their lives for our freedom. We walked through Arlington National Cemetery and visited the graves of the Navy SEALS who died in the helicopter bombing. While the city was going on with their every day lives, enjoying the "holiday" off form work, the cemetery was a somber place where many people simply sat and spent time with their loved ones. It was powerful, and emotional. 
Many tears were shed, but it was an awesome way to spend the morning. 




Since the end of school, I have started an online computer technology class to finish the last of my degree requirements, and I've also started nannying 5 kids every day from 7:30am to 3:30pm. 
It rained this day, so we played outside of course! 













No comments:

Post a Comment