Monday, March 18, 2013

Back in Town


After a 15 hour car drive I arrived safely in Michigan to see Mr. Java again. Two months was entirely too long, but it makes the reunion so much sweeter. We spent the week with his family, whom I met for the first time, and I was able to meet some of the amazing people from his home church. They became like a second family to me in those few short days.
Image

I made shoo fly pies to take out for his parents, first time I attempted them by myself, but they turned out really well (minus the blob of molasses that spilled out)! I was relieved. Nothing like meeting the parents and giving them a bad pie.

During that week we were together again, one of the things that stood out to me with our relationship is how open we are with each other. I know previously I have hidden myself behind walls. Emotions, feelings, thoughts, everything. But I feel so free and open in this. I think that is extremely important in a relationship. I think that is why is was so good to be friends for such a long time before jumping right into this. We connect on so many different levels, its really cool to see how things have progressed as we continue this journey. We also got to spend 15 hours together in a car on the way back. Many adventures, stories, and talks in that day. Wonderful memories that I will never forget as long as I live.
He begins the academy shortly. I know he’s nervous, but I also know that he has the determination and passion to do this, and do it well. Any advice you ladies have for the academy period? Do’s and Don’ts?

No comments:

Post a Comment